Mini Grants for Community Organizations
New deadlines and revised application procedures for Mini grants will be released in November 2013.
FHC Awards mini grants that provide financial support for the planning and implementation of public humanities projects. Mini grant proposals are typically for small projects such as single events, lectures or panel discussions, reading and discussion groups, film series, and/or on-line resources which may include interpretive brochures, reading lists, audio/video recordings of scholar presentations, and classroom resources.
Eligible projects must:
- be rooted in one or more of the disciplines of the humanities
- enlist the participation of humanities scholars and/or experts in the project’s planning and execution, and
- engage the public in thoughtful and informed activities that explore humanities topics, especially those related to Florida or of interest to Floridians
Special consideration may be given to the following:
- proposals from organizations with annual budgets less than $1 million
- projects that reach new and/or underserved audiences
- projects that build on partnerships between two or more organizations or institutions
Any Florida non-profit organization that currently does not have an open FHC grant is eligible to apply. Applicants must review the Common Questions for further eligibility guidelines and grant requirements.
- All grants are awarded on a competitive basis and are dependent on the availability of federal funds.
- Deadlines: New deadline dates will be posted in November 2013 for project and activities occuring in 2014.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: All applicants must include their Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number on their application in order to be considered for funding. The DUNS number is a nine-digit number established and assigned by Dun and Bradstreet, Inc. to uniquely identify business entities. Agencies may search for an existing DUNS number or apply for one on-line at http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform. Assignment of a DUNS number is FREE and usually takes only 1 to 2 business days.